Nancy P. Goodman’s
GENEALOGY AND TENNESSEE ©
The original of this page is at: http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~tngenny1/beech.html
Web Pages by Genny1@aol.com
BEECH AND BEACH FAMILIES IN TENNESSEE
This is my husband’s Beech line:
THE JOE COOPER AND MARY S. BEECH FAMILY:
Send email to me at: Genny1@aol.com if you are connected to this family
1. Joseph William “Joe” COOPER was born in 1835 in Virginia (Cooper’s Ferry, VA?). Died in 1892 in Nashville, Davidson Co , Tennessee. Buried in Buchanan Cemetery; Elm Hill Pk;Nashville. (From Franklin Tennesse? orginally from Virginia?.)
Cooper family may have been in Maury County; and orginally may have been from “Cooper’s Ferry”, Virginia, according to Mae Osment Webster.
One note I have says “Cooper family was in Franklin TN.”, but I have not been able to make any connections with the Cooper family there.
Joe Cooper married Mary Simphronia BEECH. Mary Simphronia BEECH [S1] was born on 12 May 1860 in KY. Mary S. Beech was 10 years old when admitted to the St. Mary’s Villa Catholic Orphanage on September 4, 1870. She was dismissed on May 4, 1872 to John Lewis of Pulaski, TN. Died on 5 Aug 1941 in Nashville, Davidson County, Tennessee. Buried in Donelson Church of Christ Cemetery.
REFERENCE: SOURCES St Mary’s Villa; Catholic Orphanage; 30 White Bridge Rd; Nashville, Tn. Phone 615 352-3087. In phone conversation, the information was obtained concerning the three children of Lilah LEE and Lawson BEECH (Mary S. BEECH; Susan Beech & Sydney Beech).
When asked if a photocopy could be made of the record, the person on the phone said “the book is too big and too old to make copies of.”
REFERENCE: WEST WILSON COUNTY (TN) NEIGHBORS: Pg 56 – Listing of early members of Center Chapel Church of Christ which was halfway between Corinth Church of Christ and Mt. Juliet Church of Christ, included the following:
Bertie Castleman, wife Ida (Cooper), children, Macon, Eunice, Eudella.
Mrs. Mary (Beech) Cooper, children, Hugh, Harris, Ida, Gussie, Emmie, Laura (Laura married Delbert Goodman.)
Joe COOPER and Mary S. BEECH had the following children:
+2 i. Harris COOPER
+3 ii. Johnny C. COOPER
+4 iii. Emma COOPER
+5 iv. Ida COOPER
6 v. Andrew COOPER Twin was born on 4 Aug 1884. Nothing known about him.
+7 vi. Laura Louise COOPER Twin
+8 vii. Lula Augusta COOPER
He also married Mary ? SMITH ?. (this was his FIRST marriage)
They had the following children:
+9 i. William J. COOPER
+10 ii. Nannie (Nancy?) COOPER
+11 iii. Hugh Woodall COOPER
+12 iv. Maggie COOPER
13 v. Martin COOPER was born in 1870. Died in 1892. Buried in Buchanan Cemetery; Nashville, TN; beside his father.
2. Harris COOPER He married Jawn (COOPER). (moved to St Louis (?) MO) They had the following children:
+14 i. Mary Ann COOPER, married a WHITE
3. Johnny C. COOPER He married Ada THOMPSON. They had the following children:
+15 i. Oma COOPER
16 ii. J. A. COOPER
4. Emma COOPER She married Luther Burton OSMENT. They had the following children:
+17 i. Mae OSMENT
+18 ii. Jay OSMENT
5. Ida COOPER She married Bertie CASTLEMAN. They had the following children:
+19 i. Eudell CASTLEMAN
+20 ii. Eunice W CASTLEMAN
+21 iii. Macon Ewing CASTLEMAN
She also married Elbert HUTCHINS.
7. Laura Louise COOPER Twin was born on 4 Aug 1884. Died on 26 Mar 1954 in Nashville, TN. Buried at Donelson Church of Christ; Donelson, TN. She married Delbert Houston GOODMAN on 30 Sep 1903. Delbert Houston GOODMAN was born on 6 Jun 1884 in Mt Juliet, Wilson, Tennessee. Died on 15 Oct 1972 in Nashville, TN. Delbert is buried in Spring Hill Cemetery, Madison, TN. They had the following children:
22 i. Attie May GOODMAN was born in 1905. Died in 1905 at 6 mos of age; on tombstone it says “Our Darling”. (Carver Funeral Records book.)
+23 ii. Gladys GOODMAN
+24 iii. Goldie GOODMAN
+25 iv. Aubrey Douglas GOODMAN Sr.
+26 v. Malcolm GOODMAN
+27 vi. Herschel GOODMAN
8. Lula Augusta COOPER was born in 1887. Died in 1944. She married Richard Green GOODMAN. Richard Green GOODMAN was born in 1885. They had the following children:
+28 i. Ellie James GOODMAN
+29 ii. Helen GOODMAN
+30 iii. Richard Hugh GOODMAN
+31 iv. Roy William GOODMAN
32 v. Gletha GOODMAN (I) was born on 7 Dec 1911. Never married.
+33 vi. Marvin Buford GOODMAN
+34 vii. Ernest Green GOODMAN
+35 viii. Margaret Eloise GOODMAN
9. William J. COOPER He married Eva”Evie” SMITH. They had the following children:
+36 i. Addie May COOPER
+37 ii. Mauda Lee COOPER
+38 iii. Fanny May COOPER
+39 iv. William Joseph “Uncle Dunk” COOPER
10. Nannie (Nancy?) COOPER She married ? SMITH.
11. Hugh Woodall COOPER. Hugh married late in life, at about 50 years of age; no children. He married Mattie Pearl AKIN.
12. Maggie COOPER She married John BROOKSHER.They had the following children:
40 i. Joe BROOKSHER
41 ii. Tillman BROOKSHER [S2]. Resided at 926 5th Avenue South; Nashville, TN in 1941.
42 iii. Mason BROOKSHER
+43 iv. Omer T. BROOKSHER Sr
44 v. Audie Lee BROOKSHER
+45 vi. LulaBelle BROOKSHER
+46 vii. Harlin W. BROOKSHER
47 viii. John D. “Buster” BROOKSHER